A well maintained property can help you save on unforeseen expenses and protect your investment in Daytona Beach Florida Real Estate
Here is a scheduled home maintenance check list:
- A/C FILTERS: Monthly changing of filters is suggested to avoid a clogged filter. A clog filter can decrease efficiency and wear and tear on your a/c heating unit.
- WATER HEATER: Drain it yearly as sediment builds up this can extend the life of the unit.
- FURNACE/AC UNIT: Have it serviced yearly. This will ensure efficiency and allow fixing a small problem before it becomes a bigger problem.
- CIRCUIT BREAKER BOX: Check it twice a year by throwing each switch on and off. If you have a breaker that always flips off have it serviced by an electrician.
- LEAKS: Monthly, check under sinks for water leaks or stains. If you find a problem hire a professional plumber.
- EXTERIOR REPLACEMENT: Depending on where you live may be sooner due to weather climates such as near the ocean.
- POWER WASHING: Yearly
- DECK/FENCE STAINING: 4-7 years
- EXTERIOR PAINTING: 5-10 years
- WATER HEATER: 7-15 years
- A/C HEATER: 15-50 years
- ROOF: Monthly taking a short walk around the house and observing. Yearly a close inspection. Check roof flashing for signs of water infiltration. This can be loosen by wind and age. Once loose water can invade the home and cause leaking water to get in home. The water can cause mold. Check for loose shingles and dangling gutters. Roofs usually last between 13 to 15 years.
- CHIMINEY: Inspect for loose mortar or missing bricks. Have the chimney cleaned every two years.
- FOUNDATION: Monthly check the exterior of your homes foundation for cracks and gaps that could let water and pest in and repair by filling the cracks and repainting if necessary. Make sure landscaping and sprinklers do not hit the house this can cause water infiltration and mold issues.