Mon, Mar 24, 2008
- Location: Your house value is greatly influenced by where it is located. How close it is to good schools, transportation or the local dump, all play a role. When buying, think about the future and consider what someone else will be looking for when you go to resell it.
- Price: – Buying a house within your budget is something a lender will be able to help you accomplish. Make sure you are buying in the right market and not over paying for the house. This way if there is a down turn in the market you are not forced to sell at a loss.
- Length of Stay: Are you planning on this as your primary residence for the term of the loan or flipping it in 1 or 3 years. Make sure if you flip in a year that you cover all expenses you put into the purchase.
- Inspections: Use an independent qualified home inspector. Check the credentials of the company; ask for referrals, what organizations they belong to, how long doing the job and exactly what the inspection includes before hiring them.
- Real Estate Agent: Find a reputable real estate agent. Tell your agent exactly what you are looking for, what areas you want to live in, and only visit those houses that meet your criteria.
- Pre-Approve Mortgage: Having done this will allow you to update your realtor with the price range of houses you are able to buy and not waste time looking at the wrong houses.
- Value: A realtor will check the value of the house you are interested in buying once you have selected the house and before you put an offer in. Remember the price someone is selling his or her house at may not be the value of the house.
- Lawyer: With the title insurance having responsibility most lawyers now offer competitive rates.
- Final Walk Through: Take a last look to see if anything is wrong with the house. List every detail of damage or missing items. Also, document the house using a digital camera. Provide a copy of this to your real estate agent and lawyer. This will allow the lawyer to hold back until items are fixed or replaced.
- All Rights Reserved. |